Monday, August 16, 2010

the prodigal daughter returns

So for those of you who don't already know, the girl on the road has found herself a new home base. At least through 2012.

It's hard having to describe to people that my plans changed so quickly, from a permanent job in Prague to moving to Washington, DC. As much as I hated to leave Europe, I ain't the type of gal to pass up such a good opportunity, nor am I afraid of a little risk in doing so.

Needless to say, or at least until my reverse culture shock has worn off, I'll try to keep this blog going.

While I'm here, I'll be attending Bill Clinton's alma mater. I can't think of Slick Willy without thinking of John Travolta's amazing impersonation of him in Primary Colors. The political circus in DC was a lot more fun circa 1998.

Check it out, if you haven't seen it already - and let's hear it for the Mommas!


8 comments:

Raf said...

Finally a blog post telling us this blog will keep going. I'm sure I can speak for all 9 blog followers when I tell you this comes as quite a relief. Have you seen the hair on Frodo's feet. It kept him from having to buy boots when the Fellowship was travelling across the snowy Misty Mountains. Though I'd say a few ducats for a warm pair of deer leather boots stuffed with rabbit fur is always well spent.

pinolona said...

hurrah for keeping the blog going! It'll be interesting to read about life in the States. I owe you a facebook message too, oops...

katy said...

hey Raf, there are at least 10 if you count my Mom.

and Pino, yes you do indeed! what's new in your life?

katy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
katy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Raf said...

Yes, I understand. But at the time I posted there were only 9 followers showing on your blog. I had no idea your mom was about to join and make it a perfect ten, which she is if she has your looks.

I told Tim I was not going to aplogise since this was clearly a big misunderstanding and because I gave up apologising in general, about the same time I gave up on world peace, but I will make an exception and apologise for confusing everyone. All complaints can be sent to my email david.galle@be.ewals.com. I do take full responsibility and if your email contains enough abusive language I will make a 10$ donation to your bank account, as I deserved some punishment. Details settled through email.

Peace for everyone!

katy said...

No need to apologize Raf. Which brings me to a totally unrelated topic - I recently sent you something in the mail that I have owed you for a while. It's not anthrax or dog food so you should feel OK opening it. Let me know when you get it!

Raf said...

I can tell you I will be sending you a very excited email tomorrow. I got the package friday, but didn't feel like emailing because I was a bit lazy, no, focussed on something else very important. Then I couldn't email saturday or sunday because the mail doesn't deliver. So tomorrow I will. I still remember my emotions from friday, so it'll be genuine.